Morning Musume. is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year and the popular J-pop girl group released a commemorative mini-album called "Hatachi No Morning Musume." Feb. 7. The album contains eight tracks including the 20th anniversary version of the hit single “Morning Coffee” by former and current members and a new song by the first-generation members called “Wings of the Seed.” The mini-album sold 43,629 copies in its first three days of sales and went on to reach a total of 49,326 copies during the chart week, taking the No. 1 spot on the latest Billboard Japan Hot Albums chart dated Feb. 5 to 11.
WINNER comes in at No. 2 with "OUR TWENTY FOR" with 17,016 copies sold. The album commemorates the four-member K-pop boy band’s first Japan tour and contains two Japan-exclusive tracks.
At No. 3 is the veteran Japanese alternative rock band BRAHMAN. The four-member hardcore/punk rockers performed at the prestigious Nippon Budokan for the first time as a solo headliner last Friday (Feb. 9), and their first album in five years, "Bonbai," sold 16,888 copies in its first week.
Namie Amuro’s final greatest hits album "Finally" has reached the 2 million mark after selling 10,332 copies this week. The album was released last November shortly after the iconic R&B singer announced that she will be retiring from show business later this year.
Billboard JAPAN Top Albums Sales Top 5 (dated Feb. 5 to 11)
1. Hatachi No Morning Musume. / Morning Musume. 20th 49,326 Copies
2. OUR TWENTY FOR / WINNER 17,016 Copies
3. Bonbai / BRAHMAN 16,888 Copies
4. Utano Princesama Shining Masterpiece Show Trois: A Tale of Swords and Bonds / Camus (CV: Tomoaki Maeno), Syo Kurusu (CV: Hiro Shimono), Ai Mikaze (CV: Shouta Aoi) 14,924 Copies
5. THE IDOLM＠STER MILLION LIVE！ M＠STER SPARKLE 06 / Julia (CV: Aimi), Nao Yokoyama (CV: Yui Watanabe), Chizuru Nikaido (CV: Kanako Nomura), Ayumu Maihama (CV: Megumi Toda), Noriko Fukuda (CV: Nana Hamasaki) 10,678 Copies